Graphics Driver Bug

AuroN2

As has been said, your bloody game ( D: ) isn't compatible with my graphics driver, whenever i try to play a game in single player (and map editor), the game cuts out and closes, no bug reports or anything (though that doesn't happen for ubuntu)

try to fix this as best you can, thanks, the graphics card is less than 4 years old so you should have compatibilities for it, it renders 3d environments perfectly for everything apart from 0ad, the game works on my fathers comp (same os) but not mine which bugs me greatly, Cheers.

~AuroN

We can't fix anything when we can't reproduce the problem ourselves - we have to rely on people who have the problem to debug it. We can't fix bugs in graphics drivers anyway, since they're not our code and we don't know anything about them.

There are some known bugs like this which are fixed by updating to newer (not-yet-released) drivers, but I have no idea if that's the same problem you're getting.

Well, some people like to customize things to meet their needs. It's the reason we are making this game. We liked AoK, but wanted to try some other things which were not possible without creating our own game. Some people have specific things they want in an operating system that Windows and OSX don't allow. It doesn't mean Linux is better, it's just more customizable.

It's not about hate, it's about love. We love the idea of free software, and both Linux and 0 A.D. are free software. Free software is not only free of charge, but you can also redistribute it as much as you want, learn how it works and change it as much as you like (and share your changes & improvements). So since 0 A.D. has been free software for over a year now, it would actually be odd if 0 A.D. didn't work on Linux.

And while it's true that not very many people use Linux on their desktop, especially not many gamers, a lot of Linux users really want good games. Very seriously so. Some of them think that once there are good games for Linux like 0 A.D., then more people will use Linux on their desktops. (Chicken and the egg: Few Linux games -> Few gamers start using Linux -> Little demand for Linux games -> Few Linux games). So we are glad to help break that magic circle a little bit.

Plus, so far a lot of our fans and contributions come from Linux communities, both because they really want games and because Linux users often help out develop software on a volunteer basis. We don't walk out on our best friends! (y)

Edited by Jeru