compilation error on mac osx 10.6.4

aeno

I make clean each time, i don't understand.

So, with a fresh new copy i've :

Linking pyrogenesis
ld: in obj/pyrogenesis_Release/main.o, in section __TEXT,__text reloc 29: local relocation for address 0x00001413 in section __text does not target section __const
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make[1]: *** [../../../binaries/system/pyrogenesis.app/Contents/MacOS/pyrogenesis] Error 1
make: *** [pyrogenesis] Error 2
make: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....

Find ? ;)

I'm glad you're now able to compile, but I have no idea why make clean didn't work.

About the linker error: we can't do anything other than google the error message either.

http://old.nabble.com/-brlcad-tracker----b...td27003602.html

There, they mention this is a compiler bug and you need to compile with -O2, not -O3. Maybe that helps?

(PS: will probably not be able to answer during the next 2 days, got crunch time and then a flight to a conference going on.)

Thanks, but i don't understand the use of O2/O3. To make i run : "make CONFIG=Release -j3". Where should O2 be ? =/

With "make CONFIG=Release -j3 CXXFLAGS=-O2" I have the same error + a dependancy error message.

EDIT : OK, understand, the correct line is : make CONFIG=Release -j3 -o2

Edited by Rorto

• 2 weeks later...

Hey ! With the last revision i can run ./pyrogenesis and test a single game.

But during the compilation i've many of this king of warning :

"ld: warning: in /opt/local/lib/libILU.dylib, file was built for unsupported file format which is not the architecture being linked (i386)"

And before when i run ./update-workspaces.sh i have :

Building NVTT...

-- Setting optimal options
-- Processor: [color=#FF0000]i386[/color]
-- Compiler Flags:
-- Looking for OpenGL - found

But i have a 64bit processor and system.

Is it normal ?

And during the game, console prompt this :

"glwprintf failed (buffer size exceeded?) - return value -1, errno 92"

Edited by Rorto

I think the glwprintf error is because vswprintf on OS X doesn't like non-ASCII characters when running in the default locale - it's not a fatal problem but it makes characters like “ and ” on the menu screen fail to render. It causes a test failure when you run ./test too. (I don't know what the right fix would be.)

(I don't know what's up with the 32/64-bit thing either ;))

When i run ./test there is juste one error :

In TestCLogger::test_unicode:
../../../source/ps/tests/../../../source/ps/tests/test_CLogger.h:109: Error: Expected (lines[0] == "\xC3\xA2 \xC4\xA7"), found ("" != â ħ)

Need help for french translations ? I can provide some time. But as you can read i'm not totaly bilingual. ^^

Edited by Rorto

• 7 months later...

Hello,

I have recently installed the game on mac os 10.6.

I have the same issue with glwprintf.

In fact there are a problem, when the program (CEGUI.CPP->unifont.cpp ) try to read in mainmenu.xml the word : "game's" with the sentence

Warning: This is ... the game's vision.

So I have removed the 's, and now I have no glwprintf error.

But that doesn't fix the issue with the characters, and the problem reappear when I play to the game, with other no ascii characteres.

Maybe that can be managed by the corefoundation ?

Thank you

Ethan

I think the glwprintf error is because vswprintf on OS X doesn't like non-ASCII characters when running in the default locale - it's not a fatal problem but it makes characters like " and " on the menu screen fail to render. It causes a test failure when you run ./test too. (I don't know what the right fix would be.)

(I don't know what's up with the 32/64-bit thing either ;))

Edited by Ethan