How do you fix Mod priority?

krt0143

How do you determine which mod is loaded first and which last?  :huh:

Also, I expected mods to be cumulative, but they replace each other: I have two mods that both make two (different!) changes to the civic center. When I load the game with both mods, I only get the changes of the second mod.
I guess they sort by files, not features: If the file exists, the previous version gets replaced. :scratch_one-s_head:

Example to illustrate what I want to do:
Imagine a "unit A" mod with the unit and the necessary changes to the building that creates it. And a "unit B" mod, with that unit and the necessary changes to the same building. In the game both units exist just fine, but the building only has the option to build one of those.
Is there a way to do that, or do I have to condense all units into one single mod?

you can decide the order of mods directly in mod selection menu in the game. there are arrows on the right bottom that let you move a mod up and down the order.

but files from the later mods will replace completely those of the mods before anyway, if they overlap, you understood that part correctly.

21 minutes ago, alre said:

order of mods directly in mod selection menu in the game

Interesting, thanks!

21 minutes ago, alre said:

files from the later mods will replace completely those of the mods before anyway

Yes, I got that. It is logical after all, it would be too complicated to keep with the "included" system and just replace existing tags.

Anyway, I've already assembled all my splinter mods into one. The idea of making separate ones is because I'm constantly trying/adding/removing new stuff and at some point it will become very messy to clean up ("Hmm, was that all for this feature, or did I change some other file too?"). Oh well.