Game Lobby malfunction in second instance

inzhu

Game lobby has display bugs when i use it in a second (and more) instance of 0ad program.

Game room titles need very long (1 minute) to load and the ratings do not appear.

When I join a host using my second instance, nobody can see my ratings. There is no number next to my name.

If I was hosting a game in the first instance, my host will disappear from the lobby.

I do need a second instance, because i use the first instance to host a game then the second instance to observe and ask players to join. Sometimes 8 people watch one game and I want to go inside to ask some to join my host.

People can use multiple instances of the same account, that's fine.

The last XMPP instance to connect is the only one that will receive gamelist and rating IQ stanza updates, from what I've seen. Also, the "priority" that each client has, which is often affected by the presence, affects which client receives the gamelist and rating IQ stanzas. When I want to alternate between clients receiving the updates then I find it necessary to reconnect that client to the lobby. And then, yes, there can be a long delay before that client receives updates. That's a known issue, and there's no current solution for it other than to wait for someone (maybe you) to make a change to the game list. That involves changing the visible parameters of a hosted game, changing the users in a hosted game, or creating a new hosted game,

Regarding lack of a rating, it's the same issue as with the game list. Follow the procedure that I described in order to ensure that the client will receive and has received the rating IQ stanza before trying to join or host a game.

There's an improvement in the works, PubSub, that will hopefully resolve this issue so that the above workaround isn't necessary and each instance will receive the gamelist and rating information.

Edited by Norse_Harold
  • Thanks 1

Thank you for the answer.

I can't see my own game host inside the second instance. I use the second instance to join other games where there are many observers, I hope to persuade some observers from there to join my host.