ban ddosers inside the game lobby

What about implementing a feature that bans someone from the lobby for 24h if something like 3 or 4 users vote  "/ban Larsvandijk" within 10 mins

That guy joins the lobby with no other purpose than ruining games (he doesn't even bother hide it) and the current questionable moderator seems to be very happy with it (unless he's busy muting people for not reason)

Other user's command ideas :

- "/block Larsvandijk" : to block his IP

- "/ghost Larsvandijk" : your appear to him (only him)  with another name (random generated or picked in the old users database) 

-"/mask Larsvandijk" :   you will be invisible to him and so are your games your are hosting.

Anyone who has observations about who could be doing ddosing, please share the information with lobby moderators.

1 hour ago, JC (naval supremacist) said:

That guy joins the lobby with no other purpose than ruining games (he doesn't even bother hide it) and the current questionable moderator seems to be very happy with it (unless he's busy muting people for not reason)

I don't know what questionable moderator you're talking about. I have consistently opposed ddosing, shared observations and evidence about times that I have been ddosed, and I have asked users to share evidence about who might be doing ddosing.

JC, I've asked you to talk to me on IRC several times to share evidence that you have about who is doing ddosing. You ignored the request and sent a few messages in the lobby. A serious investigation can't be conducted publicly. We need private communication in order to share the useful information for catching the ddoser(s).

There is a principle of "innocent until proven guilty" for lobby bans. Just because people claim someone is doing ddosing, or someone claims to be doing ddosing does not mean that it is proof. JC, you have suggested that ddosers might be engaged in misdirection about who is actually doing the ddosing. We have a list of suspects, and we are working on investigating it. It would be very much appreciated if you would cooperate with the investigation and share the specific information that you have, and collect more useful information for a "conviction", about who could be involved in it. An investigation that results in a perma-ban requires time and effort, and cooperation from the community can speed up the investigation. Asking for preemptive conclusion before proof is established does not speed up the investigation.

1 hour ago, JC (naval supremacist) said:

Other user's command ideas :

- "/block Larsvandijk" : to block his IP

- "/ghost Larsvandijk" : your appear to him (only him)  with another name (random generated or picked in the old users database) 

-"/mask Larsvandijk" :   you will be invisible to him and so are your games your are hosting.

Sure, hosts are permitted to preemptively block a user, for example based on suspicions about ddosing, provided that the feature is available in the game. It's being developed. In the meantime, anyone who is able to compile from source can PM me for a draft version of a patch that allows blocking users from obtaining your IP address, as well as instructions on how to use it.

Edited by Norse_Harold