Making an Atlas built map into a mod.

poised

tl/dr: Please help with simple instructions of how to make a map sharable.

Perhaps some things are so simple that no one else needs to ask but all instructions I have found so far seem to open up new tangents and rabbit holes because of assumed knowledge. I understand that I need to make a .json compressed file but I am totally stuck. If someone has the time could they please explain in a step-by-step how to take a map I have made in Atlas map editor and make it sharable. I have dropped files into folders before in Linux and it has worked but my mate uses Mac OS and we can't work out where the folders are. The directory path offered in an instructional I found leads to a dead end and I tried making the folders but it didn't work. I would like to understand how to take a map and turn it into something that I can import using the OAD mod interface. Perhaps this is really simple but I just don't get it. Can you please take me from having the *.xml and *.pmp and take it from there?

you basically need to create this folder structure:

my_map_mod.zip
|_____ mod.json (e.g. https://github.com/0ADMods/han_china/blob/master/mod.json)

|_____maps

|_____skirmishes

|_________my_map.xml

|_________my_map.pmp                  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thank you. Where does the thumbnail go in that *.json?  Like this?

my_map_mod.zip
|_____ mod.json

__________art
         |preview_thumbnail.png

__________maps

|_________skirmishes

|_____________my_map.xml

|_____________my_map.pmp     

Also, Do I compress the directory as .zip and then just manually change the extention name to .json or are you saying to put the .json into a .zip? Trying to interpret your hierarchy

Ah my bad, forgot about the preview. Unfortunately the preview are stored in a deeply nested folder, so they need to be in:

your_mod/art/textures/ui/session/icons/mappreview/your_map_preview.png

1 hour ago, poised said:

Also, Do I compress the directory as .zip and then just manually change the extention name to .json or are you saying to put the .json into a .zip? Trying to interpret your hierarchy

The second one. You need to create a .zip that contains on the top level a file called mod.json. (If you would change the extension of the .zip to .json that just invalidates the .zip).

What you don't want to do is to create a zip : "my_mod.zip" that contains a folder "my_mod". You just want a zip that contains 1) the mod.json file and 2) the folders/files you've added/changed in the correct directories.

The mod.json is basically only a text file that specifies how your mod is called and what dependencies it has. It needs to be set up in a valid json syntax. The links I posted earlier contains some examples for reference.

(Hope this helps, but feel free to ask more questions)

• Thanks 1