Incompatibility with OpenGL shaders

Outlaw893

It's all in the title. I have an error concerning the shader.

I have a Sony Vaio (old one, flashy slime green :D)

Specs:

Windows 7 Familial Edition Premium 64 bits (6.1, version 7601)

Intel Core i7-2620M CPU 2.70GHz (4 CPUs), ~2.7GHz

6144MB RAM

DirectX 11

Graphics:

AMD Radeon HD 6630M

processor: Intel HD Graphics Family

From what I saw from videos this game uses kind of the same graphics as AoEIII which runs with no problem on this computer.

Anyways I'm not a PC wizard, I completely rely on you.

Thanks.

PS: When I start the game, I see big squared pixels on the screen and then it freezes.

Edited by Outlaw893

Hi @Outlaw893 and welcome to the 0 A.D. forum :)

I'm also not that familiar with the graphics but the first thing you should try is likely to make sure you have the newest drivers installed.

If you can change the settings in the main menu try changing the graphics settings and try if any combination of settings work.

Maybe someone more into graphics will drop by. I haven't heard of that issue yet.

Have a pleasant stay ;)

All drivers have the newest update. I'm gonna check also the settings.

Oh, and theres a problem when I click on a window in the settings and civilization choice: it's blank so I don't really know what I select.

I made some screen impressions to show you the errors I have. Maybe it's easier to get to the problem:

890843ERROR1.png

744722ERROR2.png

549784ERROR3.png

688144ERROR4.png

411960ERROR5.png

Edited by Outlaw893

What you are saying is actually making sense, because I have 2 graphic card one Intel HD and the AMD radeon. And on the description of the drivers used the Radeon doesn't appear.

I tried to deactivate the Intel graphic but I get the big zoomed screen and bad quality graphics. How do it activate the AMD Radeon HD 6630M?

As I said I don't know much about computers.

Thanks

Edited by Outlaw893

Hey,

Yeah sorry sometimes I forget people haven't spent as much time debugging that kind of stuff.

If your drivers are properly installed, when right clicking on the desktop, you should have got a menu that either says "AMD Switchable Graphics" "AMD Enduro" If you click on that it will open a menu, where If I remember correctly, (I don't have an amd card anymore) you can assign a specific card to to an application.

Sometimes pluging the charger will do the trick too as it will go from the powersaving state to the normal state.

Ok I confirm it the Intel is the only one being used:

937418ERROR6.png

I don't have any menu saying AMD switchable graphics or AMD Enduro.

I tried installing Catalyst Control Center but it messed everything up, so I de installed it.

Can't get the radeon graphic card working :s, weird

The issue is actually somewhat strange, as both your AMD and Intel hardware should be supported. I'm thinking that it is likely that you don't have any specific driver installed for the Intel hardware and Windows is using some fallback driver with only OpenGL 1.1 support.

EDIT: actually, have you tried installing the correct Intel driver? Something like this could work: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/24971/Intel-HD-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-7-8-64-bit?product=52231

Edited by echotangoecho

I figured out what problem was: the driver wasn't actually updated.

I did it through VAIO care, because if you do it directly in the settings like I did it in the beginning it doesn't work, it can't find the update by itself.

So if anyone has a vaio and the same issue, download the graphic driver through VAIO Care.

Your right echotango.

PS: I can play the game but it lags alot, drop of fps. But it's another problem, I try to look for a post on this issue.

Edited by Outlaw893
  • Like 1