Playing Custom Maps

iconic_mouse

My friend and I have started playing 0 A.D. recently and we love it! I'd like to create a custom map for us to play on multiplayer, but I'm having a hard time finding out how to load a map into the game. How do I get my custom map into the list of maps in the game setup? Also, how can I send it to my friend? I'm running the game on Mac OS El Capitan. 

> How do I get my custom map into the list of maps in the game setup?
It should be already there, but if you didn't change the map name in settings (which is not the same as the file name): http://trac.wildfiregames.com/wiki/Atlas_Manual_Map_Tab , then it would be called 'Unnamed map'.

To share the map with a friend you need to:
1. find the map files; according to http://trac.wildfiregames.com/wiki/GameDataPaths they should be somewhere in "~/Library/Application\ Support/0ad/" (there should be 2 files: <map_name>.pmp and <map_name>.xml located somewhere like "~/Library/Application\ Support/0ad/mods/user/maps/scenarios")
and either:
2a. send them as is (in this case your friend will need to place them in the same location)
or
2b. package them as a mod as @GunChleoc suggested (which becomes a more convenient way of sharing a map as soon as you have a preview image (which is located in a different folder) and if you want to share it with wider audience; but it may not be necessary for sharing a map with a friend)