Installation on Slackware 14.1 64Bit

Strider

Hi there guys. Just wanna say this is my favourite RTS of all times. I was an AOE fan, but got bored of it, and then discovered 0AD a while back. I've always played on Windows though until recently.

I'm trying to build it on my laptop with as has Slackware 14.1 64bit on. So after executing the following commands, chmod +x 0ad.SlackBuild and ./0ad.SlackBuild I'm getting the following error after 6 minutes into the process which I will copy a snipit from:

ltable.c
linit.c
ldblib.c
lmathlib.c
lobject.c
lvm.c
lcode.c
lauxlib.c
Linking Premake4
make: Leaving directory `/tmp/SBo/0ad-0.0.20-alpha/build/premake/premake4/build/gmake.unix'

Premake args:  --bindir=/usr/games --datadir=/usr/share/games/0ad --libdir=/usr/lib64/0ad --sdl2 --collada
Error: invalid option 'sdl2'
ERROR: Premake failed

Any suggestions from here?

Help much appreciated :)

Thanks sander17

So I removed it and after generating all the workspaces I'm presented with the following error:

make: Entering directory `/tmp/SBo/0ad-0.0.20-alpha/build/workspaces/gcc'
==== Building mocks_real (release) ====
Creating obj/mocks_real_Release
mocks_real.cpp
Linking mocks_real
==== Building network (release) ====
Creating obj/network_Release
precompiled.h
NetTurnManager.cpp
NetFileTransfer.cpp
NetMessage.cpp
NetServer.cpp
In file included from ../../../source/network/NetServer.cpp:28:0:
../../../source/lib/external_libraries/enet.h:48:23: fatal error: enet/enet.h: No such file or directory
 #include <enet/enet.h>
                       ^
compilation terminated.
make[1]: *** [obj/network_Release/NetServer.o] Error 1
make: *** [network] Error 2
make: Leaving directory `/tmp/SBo/0ad-0.0.20-alpha/build/workspaces/gcc'

Thanks for your prompt response

After going through the list of dep, and spending a few minutes whereising and installing as necessary, the build went quite well and the game seems to be running stable too. 

So if any slackers are having trouble, remove that argument and just go through the list of deps and double check that (as usual)

Ill' report any bugs if I encounter them :)

Edited by Strider

• 1 month later...

@sanderd17: By default, the Slackware package manager doesn't use dependency tracking. I typically install everything from the single installation DVD.

After that, an easy way to install more software is to use scripts provided by a third-party site called SlackBuilds.org. A program that make SlackBuilds even easier to use is sbopkg.

0 A.D. 0.0.20 is presently in the SlackBuilds repo: https://slackbuilds.org/repository/14.2/games/0ad/

Installing manually is an option some Slackers choose though. :) Just thought I'd pass along the info for future reference.

And actually I see some of that information is mentioned on the 0 A.D. site under Download -> Linux section ( https://play0ad.com/download/linux/#Slackware )

That page may need to be updated slightly, as Slackware 14.2 was released on July 1, 2016.

Edited by andy5995
fixing typo