Scoring doesn't add up

mickmca

I just finished a game by resigning because it wouldn't stop after I eliminated every opposing piece on the board. The resignation score reported that one of my opponents had 237 infantry, of which 243 were "lost" and 245 were "killed." No idea what the distinction is between lost and killed, but he didn't HAVE 240 infantry. The same sort of weird math errors occur in the other tallies. This has been consistent in every game I have resigned. Incidentally, there doesn't seem to be any way to see your score except by resigning.

• Lost = someone killed your units, Killed = you killed this number of enemy units
  • In some edge cases units are not counted (deleting garrisoned ships). The initial 4 infantry might also not be counted.
  • If it said that your enemy lost 240 infantry, it can mean that he deleted them (not fully sure, you could test).
  • You can also see your score by winning. There is a ticket to show your own, maybe allies but not enemies score in a running game.

You can replay the games and check the score at every time, thus notice how it is affected. In case you find something, upload it with a short but precise description what's going wrong.

Some units can also be killed by Gaia, in which case they week appear as lose, but not as killed by another player.

The initial units indeed don't count as trained, so there's normally a difference of 4 between lost and trained when you have no units left.

And units that you delete yourself (f.e. because they are stuck), don't count as lost.

But there are also other things that give a difference. Like captured buildings also don't appear in the stats as lost.

I noticed a few peculiarities while working on removing sheep counts in an open ticket, I haven't quite documented it yet, I think what happens is that overall *all* Classes seem to get tallied up while it should negate the edge cases (in other words there might be more than trained sheep which should be removed from total), but I haven't quite figured out what the math rules for the game are to say for sure.  I also noticed this while working on a more advanced real-time diplomacy screen (this gave a better picture).