Total War features in 0 AD

azayrahmad

I just recently play Rome Total War after a long time and its famous mod Europa Barbarorum and I suddenly understand many design decisions in 0 AD I previously thought just weird. So I have some questions:

• Formations: Are formations currently implemented (Alpha 16) final? Will there be formation direction/mapping (drag-right click) like in Total War (or EE)? 0 AD seems to favor formation compared to other RTS, but I think it will be a complete feature if you can actually map the formation and its direction.
  • Charge, stamina, and morale: I understand there are run and walk animation but so far the only appearance of running animation is when a unit catching up his friends while in formation and naked fanatics (which seems to be in always running mode). There are also stamina bar beside the hitpoints bar but it is only appear in groups. Is it a planned feature? Also will there be morale system?
  • Collaboration with EB2 team: I see that both of these projects have similar goal of historical authenticity. Some of the music from 0 AD can also be heard in EB2. Will there be any more collaboration between you two? The voicemods of EB can surely be used for 0 AD units, for example

Thank you.

The collaboration part sounds interesting, the team should know more on if there's more to come. Formations, stamina, running/charging, directional bonuses are planned as far as I know. Morale isn't planned I believe, but seeking fleeing troops all over the map to rally them shouldn't fit well in RTS gameplay anyway. There's also a lengthy discussion on how much micro can fit into 0 A.D. gameplay on the last couple of pages of this thread if you're interested.

Edited by Prodigal Son