Full screen

tomoco

Hello, I was trying to play the game in Windows 7 full screen mode with 1920x1080 res, but seems I'm unable to do it.

In windowed mode I was able to put 1920x1080 but when I alt+enter the game changes res and I dont see the inferior right corner.

Is there a way to play 1920x1080 full ress?

PD:

my default.cfg is:

windowed = false

xres = 1920

yres = 1080

Hi tomoco.

Have you tied NOT to enter windowed mode?

What happens if you start the game with your mentioned settings?

Alt+Enter caused some problems for me too but just using fullscreen (and Alt+Tab to get to other programs temporarily if needed) works flawlessly.

When I start the game with this settings, it start in windowed mode at 1920x1080, the moment I prest alt+enter it change res.

Still don't know why start in windowed mode :rtfm:

EDIT: I just make more tests, and inside the game the "windowed" mode was activated, when I disable it now don't override the defaul.cfg and enter in fullscreen BUT it's not 1920x1080. It's the same res as before when I alt+enter, so I still can't see the low right corner of the screen.

Edited by tomoco

Hola tomoco, resulta un poco difícil entender tus problemas, pues si quieres no vaciles en explicarlo todo en español (que parece ser tu idioma).

Para resumir, lo que pasa es que cuando tú intentas pasar en fullscreen pierdes la resolución de pantalla que tenías antes, ¿me equivoco?

Hi tomoco, it's a bit difficult to understand your problems, so if you want don't hesitate to explain everything in Spanish (which seems to be your language).

Summing it up, what happens is that when you try to change to full screen, you loose the previous resolution, am I wrong?

I found the user.cfg file and now this and default.cfg have same settings:

windowed = false

xres = 1920

yres = 1080

when I enter the game it enters in fullscreen but it's not 1920x1080.

Custom settings are in "local.cfg" not user.cfg (that's used for settings the game changes). local.cfg might need to be created, see default.cfg for the location.

Custom settings are in "local.cfg" not user.cfg (that's used for settings the game changes). local.cfg might need to be created, see default.cfg for the location.

Normalmente, si tienes xres=0 y yres=0 en tu default.cfg (y nada en el local/user.cfg), el juego utilizará tu resolución habitual cuando lo abras. ¿Es lo que quieres conseguir?

Normally, if you have xres=0 and yres=0 in your default.cfg (and nothing in local/user.cfg), the game will use your usual resolution when you open it. Is this what you want to achieve?

Problem:

Using different text size than 100% under Windows 7 results in wrong resolution displayed.

Temporary fix:

As I have a 15" monitor with 1920x1080 default Windows settings for text size is 125% PPP, changed to 100% and now I can see all the resolution, but of course I can't see desktop icons texts as they are too small

PD: Saw exact same problem with Diablo III, they solved after some patch, but don't know how.

Thanks for this information about your unusual text size, that must be the actual root of your problems. I don't know if this is something we should fix or if there is something you can do, I'll discuss this with other devs.

(en realidad resulta que la falta de ese información fue el verdadero problema, por no ser perfecto tu inglés es bastante comprensible, pero comprobamos que tu IP era de España y pensamos que a lo mejor pudiéramos entendernos mejor así.)

(actually it seems that this lack of information was the real problem, even if your English isn't perfect it is rather understandable, but we saw that your IP was from Spain and we thought that, maybe, we would understand better each other)

En realidad esa última información la he descubierto después, en principio lo único que veía era que no se mostraba correctamente la pantalla, faltando toda la esquina inferior derecha. Después de hacer el cambio a 100% PPP, ya se mostraba bien la resolución. El problema es que con ese 100% trabajar en un monitor de 15" y 1080p se hace muy muy complicado, espero que encontréis una solución.

Un saludo.

He encontrado yo la solución, hay una opción en "Panel de control/Apariencia y personalización/Pantalla" que se llama "Establecer tamaño de texto personalizo (PPP)", ahí encontramos un ajuste "Usar ajuste de ppp con el estilo de Windows XP", que al marcarlo soluciona completamente el problema, puedo seguir usando 125% y no distorsionar la resolución del juego.

3IqLD1X.png

T30ajuD.png

Cambiando de tema, he visto que debéis estar usando una versión antigua del foro, a partir de la versión 4 no existe el problema del copy/paste en IE11 que actualmente tenéis:

http://community.invisionpower.com/resources/bugs.html/_/ip-board/internet-explorer-11-copy-paste-issue-r42941

Menos mal que pinchando en el icono en la parte superior/izquierda del editor ya deja pegar, sinceramente estaba pensando en no responder después de varios intentos fallidos con el quote/copy/paste bajo IE11; si podeis actualizar la versión del foro, es muy desagradable este fallo.

Efectivamente, estamos utilizando una antigua versión del foro (y está planeado actualizarla), pero como para muchos sistemas distintos del juego mismo, carecemos de tiempo para tenerlo todo actualizado.

De todas maneras la versión 4 sigue siendo desarrollándose pues no vamos a hacer la transición ahora.

Sólo puedo recomendarte utilizar un navegador diferente, que encontrarás numerosos problemas con IE en varias partes de la Internet. ;)

Gracias por haber encontrado una manera que resolver el problema, que tal vez se plantee para otros en el futuro. ¡Disfruta bien de 0A.D.!

--

Indeed, we are using an old version of the forum (and the upgrade is planned), but as for many other systems than the game itself, we lack time for having everything up-to-date.

Anyway, the version 4 is still under development, so we're not going to upgrade now.

I can only recommend using another browser, because you'll experience many problems with IE on the Internet ;)

Thanks for finding a way to solve the problem, which may occur to other people in the future. Have fun playing 0A.D.!

• Like 1