===[TASK]===NewUnitMeshes

Stan`

It's not that we can make new unit meshes compatible with .psa files. Those will need to be done from scratch....

There are already new unit meshes in the "animation pipeline" thread made by a contributor and some further UV unwrap work done on them. However, the real task that would save tons of work is making an armature compatible with the current one and make it work with the current .dae animation files. This seems to be harder that it looks, but it would let us use new dude meshes that can use the old animations so we can make the transition smoother than starting all animations again from scratch. I made several attempts and I am still trying from time to time with Jason (Wijitmaker). However there's ton of things now in my to-do list that are higher priority at the moment. We've also decided that the new armatures should be done in blender, since it's free and opensource and everyone can use it to modify or make new animations rather than using any other propietary software.

That being said, it doesn't mean you can't work on new unit meshes, but keep in mind that we're going to request an high quality work for units, not only good looking proportions and nicely mapped to the current textures, but also topology-wise, with nice loops for nice animation deformations.

Also, if someone has blender armature/animation knowledge as well as importing/exporting dae files, we encourage that you take a look to the animation pipeline thread and help us making an armature compatible with the current one.

I understand, Anyway i was not planning to make anything organic for the moment, because I'm not able to(See the moai for example). That being said, If I make something in Max, I could export it to OBJ in quads and get it in blender for the team. Quite tricky, but a time saver, since I don't understand at all the blender interface.