0ad installs only on root

Dacu

The proper place for asking this question would be the Arch Linux forums (or their IRC channel, or their mailing list).

You could either build the package yourself to use other paths (ABS is your friend) or resize your / partition to be big enough. I would NOT advise you to extract the package somewhere as your package manager will not know of these files and the game will probably not run (as it expects files in specific places (the BINDIR, DATADIR and LIBDIR defines) so if you place all those files somewhere else it will not find them; you could do whacky stuff with symlinks, but that is just too much hassle to be worth it).

I'm using arch too.

some stuffs you can do :

-clean the packages cache. IIRC the command is "# pacman -Scc"

-downloading and extracting the package, go first in the directory where you gona do that, then "# pacman -Sw 0ad 0ad-data". Then try to extrac them "$ tar -xvf file-name.tar.xz"

# : means do it as root

$ : means do it as regular user

n.b. : I never did that myself, I can't do it now, so try it if you want

Edited by ProvencalLeGaullois

some stuffs you can do :

-clean the packages cache. IIRC the command is "# pacman -Scc"

-downloading and extracting the package, go first in the directory where you gona do that, then "# pacman -Sw 0ad 0ad-data". Then try to extrac them "$ tar -xvf file-name.tar.xz"

Cleaning the package cache, as well as any other method of making space on / (assuming you don't have a partition for /var) will help, but extracting the package files somewhere that isn't root will not work as the executable will only read specific absolute paths.

I'm running a version of 0AD compiled and installed on a usb hard drive...

but good comment, you can still fix link problems with ln... ;)

another way would also to resize the filesystem partition from a live...

edit :: you can also changed the system variables. I already added a custom folder with some customed libs... however I don't remember exactly how I did that... but archlinux wiki is well documented!

Edited by ProvencalLeGaullois