Blender reconstruction of Pergamon akropolis

Found this interesting article + video etc via the BlenderNation blog: http://www.blendernation.com/2011/01/06/he...istic-blending/

In short it's a reconstruction of the akropolis at Pergamon, done in Blender, and since there are people on this site who are interested in both ancient history and Blender (and in some cases both) I thought I'd post the link here so you have a chance to take a look at it. I really cannot say I know much about Pergamon, but seeing the rendered video from the reconstruction surely has made me interested to know more, it seems like it was a really interesting place. At least architecturally.

but what's so special about it being made in blender? i don't see any blender in the video?

Does it have to be special? :D It being made in Blender was only a minor part of the motivation why I posted it :) The main motivation is that I thought it was interesting, regardless of what program it was made in.