We would like to create a stock of in-game video clips, because over time, we plan to create:
- Videos that document the development as new releases come out, perhaps explaining how certain parts of the game mechanics work (definitely short-term goal).
- an ad targeted to OS developers to join the project (short-term goal).
And as longer-term goals:
- An introductory cinematic for 0 A.D.,
- A general promotional trailer about the basic features of the game.
For that purpose, we have the following guidelines set in place to keep this process organized:
- Please provide these recordings as links to downloadable or streaming video files, along with a description, in this thread: Post Your Uploaded Videos Here.
- Please take all gameplay videos from the player's regular POV. No extreme close-ups, please.
- We will gladly provide credit to those people whose videos we end up using in our marketing effort. Just let us know who to credit.
- The better the video quality, the more likely we are to use it!
We are especially looking for the following types of videos:
- 0 A.D. gameplay: Both the economic side (gathering resources, building up a city) and the military side (from skirmishes to large battles).
- 0 A.D. scenery: A variety of biomes, including each one's characteristic fauna. Special attention to fancy water reflections. Also, some shots of city-scapes featuring the best-looking building sets.
- Videos showcasing the development process of 0 A.D.: The Atlas map editor, editing actors, entities and XML files, and the 0 A.D. codebase within the development environments you use. Wireframes of 0 A.D. models, demonstrations of the animation process. In-game visualizations, such as the pathfinding overlay.
- 0 A.D. is cross-platform: Shots of 0 A.D. being launched from Windows, Linux and Mac OS.
Thanks in advance!
Edit (May 9, 2011): Streaming videos, such as on YouTube, are fine. Thanks!