I make music

Aeros

Yeah that's a lot closer to the kind of stuff I spin. Except for the bpm haha. Really really high quality tracks.

I love the breakdown at 7:27 and the outro is really emotional. You probably knew I would say that though knowing my tastes as a DJ haha. Actually the part after 7:27 reminds me of a gareth emery production. eg echano - nothing to live for (gtr remix), cupa - mass panic (gtr remix), etc

If I had one criticism it would be the melody synth seems to have too much treble and not enough sound in the lower frequencies. I know psy trance is different though, and it seems like the bassline is really separated from the melody, where in progressive trance they tend to be more integrated and layered.

That's a very subjective criticism from someone who knows what he likes :D

But objectively I would say I'm totally impressed with the caliber of productions you guys pull off. I believe this is good enough to get signed.

Nice work ;).

BTW - I'm going to be broadcasting a mix on ETN.fm this coming sunday (the 5th) I don't have my exact timeslot yet, but when I get it i'll make an official news post here hehe. You might be interested, I'm not sure. Basically starting with some progressive trance bordering on progressive house and then quickly getting pretty technical and banging by the end, with a steady bpm increase over the entire set and a relax at the end. all harmonic mixing.

the melody synth seems to have too much treble and not enough sound in the lower frequencies. I know psy trance is different though, and it seems like the bassline is really separated from the melody, where in progressive trance they tend to be more integrated and layered.

That very well could be so, its very hard to get levels perfect without me dropping $200 on a proffesional sound card and $500 on proffesional monitors, I don't have that kind of cash, and if I did I'd spend it on some gear before replacing what I have now ;) Nothing is ever perfect but before uploading I go through and do the best mixing and mastering I can and periodically I like to go back and rework parts and remix the levels. About the lead - a trademark for psytrance right now (full-on style) is to use a highpass on the lead, I think its alright (lowband and highband) in the beginning but towards the end I have a different EQ on it lowering the lowband so that <1000hz can be heard better in other synths, such as that phaser-pluck/guitar. Again though, hard to get it "right" without pro monitors (speakers). As for the bassline, yeah, very low and full is again the trademark for a psytrance bassline, they are always used more as a ground for the music to drive the beat and emotion. But the bassline was nothing special in this song, same pattern all the way through.

I believe this is good enough to get signed.

Thanks man, that means alot to me, someone who's been wanting to make this music since I first heard it 4 years ago (Befoe that I used to be a progressive trance guy like yourself, but have since also found what I likes best :D ) I was talking with another friendly producer who's got some friends already with a label who might be starting their own psy label, and if that works out its very likely I could get a few songs out on a compilation or two...otherwise for getting signed, thats very hard and I don't think it will be happening for me for a while, I would need to be abit older, abit more independant, and have abit more time and cash and gear to start DJing or doing Live Acts or something like that to get noticed, Psytrance is a very party oriented genre and labels don't like to pick up people who aren't in the party scene. Once again thanks for the comments, getting something to happen with my music (and future music) is a long-term idea I like to have fun with, we'll see how it is 3-4 years from now :D

As for more mixes, hell yeah, keep me informed B) I've got your last one you put up for download and am glad we've got a real DJ here at WFG :P

Edited by CheeZy

• 2 months later...