Act III - A Day of Joy, A Day of Pain

I am disgusted.

Yesterday was so much a joy for UK and Londonians. They got their olympics, and so everyone was happy.

And now, today, terrorism comes back to remind us what was done, and how our world really is. At first, i couldn't believe that such strange attack happened, but then, on our national radio (I don't have TV, in my room), they didn't stop speaking of those attacks in London. I heard there were at least six bombs, in buses and the underground.

Again...

I am disgusted.

("Act I" is "Twin Fall" and "Act II" is "Misleading Speech")

While we're all sneaking political statements into here, let us not forget those thousands of lives silenced every day around the world by abortion and infanticide. It's a sad, sad world.

I agree with Yiuel- these bombings really brought down the joy and elation of winning the Olympic games. It's too bad that there are those who only want to make others fear. You have to wonder, to paraphrase "Mississippi Burning"- where does all this hate come from?

The only thing that bugs me about the article is this "He said it was an "indiscriminate" attempt at slaughter with no consideration for age or religion"- it's not as though if it were discriminate it's any more justified!

It's funny how fast we came to all remember a lot of other deaths...

It reminds of another certain date, on which I came to think, quite quickly : hey, three thousand people died, but there are millions elsewhere...

Where does all this hate come from, the greatest question ever.

Hate comes from greed, the basis of all depravity :D Its simply a desire to have what the other has, or to remove the good that someone else enjoys. I will never understand people like this! But Londoners are tough people and if anyone will come out of this standing on their feet, they will.

Already it is not being reported like the Madrid bombings were (admitedly much larger) as a shocking and unreal event, but something entirely manageable. I don't know if this is because of media intent, the fact it is a copy attack from Spain, or the Brits are taking it on the chin but shaking it off quickly.

My heart and prayers go out to the victims and the people of Britain :D

But Londoners are tough people and if anyone will come out of this standing on their feet, they will.
The Blitz, 1941. Morning after a raid. A ruined house with only the doorway standing. And, pinned to the gate, a notice: 'BUSINESS AS USUAL'.

We're surviving here, even in 2005.