Wanting a scholarship

I would like to get a scholarship as to get welcomed into college at an inexpensive rate. But yet, I'm terrible at math, good at spelling and language, good at science, but I am homeschooled so I do not know how to get started on a pursuit to get my much-wanted/needed scholarship. HELP! :)

First thing is to go to http://studentawards.com/, its a free online scholarship search engine. It matches your majors/minors in post-secondary with available bursaries, grants, and scholarships. There is a surprising amount of money out there, you just need to look for it. Another thing is to get in contact with universities/colleges you are interested in and see if you can get a pre-enrollment consultation on costs, awards, scholarships etc, etc.

Woe be it on me to ever suggest the military in a time like this (at least the American military :)), but that is one way to get a "free" education, at least monetarily.

EDIT: More importantly, being homeschooled do you have your Grade 12 rating from your state/province? Are you from North America or Europe? In Canada, unless you are granted a Grade 12 by the province you have not graduated. You would then have to complete a GED or retake grades 11 and 12.

I fortunately got my diploma by doing correspondence through the Ministry of Education in BC for 4 years. Unless you take the provincial curriculum they will not recognize a homeschool Grade 12, leaving you with a GED.

I live in Washington state. I am 12 years old but yet I want to start as early as I can. I might want to get into Proffessional Photography or maybe some others that I thought of[can't remember now].

Edited by Java3

I'm currently in the same sort of situation as you-- looking for scholarships, but I'm 16 and attend a currently attending a public school). Next year will be the year for scholarships and applications, but as of right now, I do know that taking the PSAT test, which is typically taken by high school sophomores (I think-- it could be juniors), and doing well of course, can qualify you for a ton of national merit scholarships given out by businesses, some for students of a certain nationality, others on an academic basis, some if one of your parents works for the company, etc.