Features

Curufinwe

(:S

I was surfing on TLA's website and I read the Features for each race ... I then tried to find the equivalent on 0AD, but I could only find the pictures showing the different buildings and units ...

wouldn't it be nice for people surfing on the website to have a look at what units and buildings are available for each civilisation? the same way (or a similar way) TLA did it with the First Age Features ....

I just found it rather confusing to go back and forth to every single picture for all the units and buildings of a given civilisation ...

Good ideas there guys, but 0 A.D. is in an unfinished state at the moment. Most of the gameplay mechanics have been decided and are in the process of being implemented, but things will change during playtesting and I'm sure that's the reason we haven't included a civilisation run-down on the 0 A.D. site as of yet. We have very basic articles about each civ, but you're right, nothing detailing the roles of each civ, their units, and their buildings. Such information will be released in the future, rest assured. I'll cede my remaining time to Vaevictus or any of the 0 A.D. bosses if they wish to comment on the issue. :S

Thanks for replying to this, Michael. Correct, we plan to revise the Cultures section in more detail when all civ buildings and units have been implemented and tweaked. We have a pretty thorough plan, but it's liable to get a serious hammering as we put it into action, and then the website info would just be constantly out of date as the game evolved.

Also we don't want to create disappointment if we preview something and then have to change it later (eg get everybody worked up with special Hellenic Onagers that hurl Greek Fire, only to remove that later because it hadn't been invented yet in this period). We'd like to first ensure that things are working reliably so that we can more accurately reflect what will be in the game.

Finally, it lets us do a better job on the Cultures section because we'll have more final material to include. For example, we could include a polished in-game snapshot of each unit/building, alongside the piece of concept art that inspired it.