Some Questions ..

ZeZar

Hey :) Wijit :) and the rest of 0.A.Ds team. How are you guys today?

I have some Q (Questions) for you, some same, some unlike the Q i made in my topic at TLA forums. I really hope you could answer me as great as thet did, and that im not bathering (annoing) you ...

I have to say, im looking more forward to TLA, only because im a Tolkien fan .. :(

But RTS is my favourite, and i like every kind of RTS, so this is really something i am looking forward to play. It contains stuff the "big" games like AoK and stuff are NOT including :P

Here is the Q:

1. What do you think, if not desided, the POP limit will be?

2. Will the grapich engine include zoom, and rotate? If so, will it be able to zoom out much, you know, if big army..

3. Im sure you dont know, but about how many units will each civ contain, like 2 cavalery units, 3 foot units, 2 siege units and so on...

4. If you have ever played Empires in Medieval, and as England, you have seen a really cool feature, the traps. Will 0.A.D include stuff like that, if so, what kind of stuff like that?

5. I know that the beta are set to August 2004, is that still the date. Will it be an open beta with MP? How far have you really gotten since first day i sat my foot on WFG? Was summer 2003 or something..

6. What kind of Campains will there be?

7. How big will the maps be?

8. In sieges, will there be ladders? ( I love Ladders in Praetorians)

9. I guess you have allready answered this, but still i dint know for sure: Can units walk ON the walls, like they did in those ages? How will we be able to see units behind the wall?

10. My final question, Will archers kill with one, 2, 3 (or more) arrows if they hit, lets say a normal foot soldier ?

11. You are making a game in an age were Jesus were born. Will Jesus (im asking as a believer, not an Antichrist) be included in any way? (Like hero, skin, snc editor, campain...

12. Will there be "Special units" for each and every civ have the same units, or will every civ have all units different? Or just other special abilities for civs?

13. Have a nice day, and thank you for answering :P

I guess you dont like these kind of questions, but i still wanted to know....

love you, in a not gay, just hope you are allright, and all that ...

btw: checked out the King Arthur trailer, it looks good :):(

Well thanks for your interest ZeZar, and these are some good questions. Thanks for the offer LD, feel free to post answers in the future (just be vauge) :)

1) Pop limit will be as high as we can make it with the constraints of the computers when its released. Computers will hopefully be pretty fast. We are shooting for over 100... I'll leave it at that. Won't know till we actually start testing.

2) Zoom yes, Rotate yes (if that option is turned on)

3) Um, the max possible is 5 millitary foot units, 4 millitary cavalry units, 3 support units, 3 siege weapons, 4 ships, 2 Super Units, 3 Heroes. Civs usually don't get everything, some take away as many as 5 of those... but thats the max.

4) No traps

5) Actually beta is set at December 2004, where did you see August? Things have been progressing very well since Summer 2003. Hopefully make our beta deadline. Beta will be by applicant and selection.

6) Not at liberty to say right now

7) About the 'giant' size on AoM is the largest we will go

8) No ladders

9) We are working on those details actually, To see a unit behind any object it will either be full player color, or have player color outline.

10) Depends how much pierce armor the unit its attacking has :)

11) To me it seems a bit sacreligious to put Jesus in a 'game', not sure about that, we might put Him in the map editor, or leave it up to modders to create Him.

12) All civs will be very unique, with special looks.

13) Your very welcome :)

11. You are making a game in an age were Jesus were born. Will Jesus (im asking as a believer, not an Antichrist) be included in any way? (Like hero, skin, snc editor, campain...

An excellent question in itself, if I may say so myself, ZeZar, and something worth thinking about.

Jason being the head of the team and a devout Christian himself, he should obviously be the authority on this issue.

With any luck, my campaign will be created and ship with the game, design scheduled to start no earlier than alpha time. It would be about Romans versus a rebellion in Judea, involving a lot of crucifixions, so we'd have to model a crucified person to be historically accurate. Most people would immediately identify these models with Jesus, but it's nevertheless important to remember: Jesus was the most renowned person ever to be crucified, but hardly the only one.

For sure, I remember reading somewhere that during the seige of Jerusalem Titus had the people who were using tunnels to sneak in and out of the city crucified. Says in this book that his mercenaries crucified 500 a day until they ran out of wood to make crosses! That is completely UNIMAGINABLE :)

Anyway, oops :)

Speaking as a devout Christian, I think Jesus could be a cool unit to put in....maybe he could lure your troops to walk off the maps or something :) But is unkillable :(

It was a Q. I Personally dont think you should add Jesus, at least not on a "bad" way. I am religious, not very, but i believe in God, and Jesus. I would not be mad if you added him, but i might think that people wich are "very" religious might will :) I dont know, but he was not killable, sort of. He could be killed, but he would come down to earth if he wanted. Or something. I actually have no idea, so i guess ill stop writing now :)