Default catapult behavior after enemy infantry goes out of range or dies

thankforpie

I had 5 catas and beautifully caught enemy they just stepped into my tanky frontline to get dmg from archers and catas.not sure how much % of all my dps catas caused but i thought it will cause more, enemy was all in one place (about 100 units and more coming) and i ordered catas to shoot exactly there.

they shot but enemy backed and they started hitting walls i think even though there were a lot of other enemies in range (units that didnt die yet or didnt go out of catas range or came in range)?

ill rewatch replay when they finish game but im pretty sure it started attacking walls regardless more enemies in range (it would be very beneficial for me if they started hitting these enemies)

generally what are catapults doing when enemy goes out of range or dies? they focus on buildings or units?

edit

oh my they performed better than I thought, i faced army of 150+ with 40 units on front +5catas+20 units staying on the back just defending catas (from back) and catas took down more enemy hp than i expected, maybe because i was paranoidaly selecting catas and clicking on enemy units constantly so even if target dies they continue shooting enemy and not useless walls

i died anyway (1v2), overall they performed very good however they indeed started hitting walls at some point (where it would help me and probably most othe rplayers if they hit enemy units instead)

Edited by thankforpie

1 hour ago, thankforpie said:

generally what are catapults doing when enemy goes out of range or dies? they focus on buildings or units?

Catas attack buildings for default setting. Anyway, if you order them to hit a group of enemies they will continue shooting them until they are in range/dead