Mod Selection Problem

GWV17

Hi, and thanks for any help.

I followed all the steps the Tutorial Setting up a mod for your maps and all went fine- I created my map folder and mod.json just as instructed.

The problem happened when I go to this step:  Run the Scenario Editor with your mod enabled   

I opened Tools and Options, then Mod Selection, but there were no mods or maps there, nothing.

I tried uninstalling and reinstalling to a different place, it still doesn't work. How do I tell Mod Selection where to look? 

-DOH! I'm using Windows 7 Ultimate

Edited by GWV17

Hi, sanderd17

Looks like we have the same lucky number. :)

Here are the answers to your questions above.

"the path to some of your modded files"

Windows 7 C:\Users\Smile\My Documents\My Games\0ad\mods\user\maps\scenario
-There are two files there, from the first map I made- G Test 1.pmp and G Test 1 XML
Document

Just now I made another map, G Test 2. It shows up in exactly the same folder as the first.

The first time I installed the game I did it as recommended. The second time I installed it to C:\Users\Smile\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs

There doesn't seem to be any change, the test maps I made under both installs show up in exactly the same place.

"the path of your mod.json"   

The following is the path from the first install:

C:\Users\Smile\AppData\Local\0 A.D.alpha\binaries\system\binaries\data\mods
\map_Circe_Luscacay\mod.json\circe test  

-the last one on that list is the file I made with Sublime Test 3. Here is how I wrote
it:

{

"name": "map_Circe_Luscacay",
    "version": "0.0.1",
    "label": Circe Lusca Cay,
    "description": "Map Testing",
    "dependencies": ["0ad"],
    "type": "map"    
}

Next is the path after the second install. I copied the mod folder from the first and replaced it here.

C:\Users\Smile\My Documents\MyGames\0ad\mods\map_Circe_Luscacay\mod.json\circe test  

-I hope this is what you need. It was probably foolish of me to do the re-install. I can remedy that if you think it's better to start fresh. Thanks again for your help!