Can't find a subforum for site issues so I'm posting here.

chaosislife13

I read the ever so wonderful "we got hacked report" while trying to sign in, as I only finally visited again last night.......and I've come to find out that despite my username being "taken" I can't actually log in with it........did someone ban me thinking that I did it? Were other names nixed in that attack? Any details?

PS, as for the reason I was popping in tonite, does anyone know where in the svn i could find the bug log? Also any idea where I could find something approaching a wiki or list of all the valid XML bits for units and structures? I keep getting errors loading a parent file or something and I can not for the life of me figure out why. And the error won't stay on the screen long enuf for me to really make it out.

And now I'm supremely confused......as my new account has magickally inherited the avatar from my old account.........srsly who did that? Cuz it sound like something Jason would do to screw with me if he were also screwing with me by imitating my urge to screw with ppl I like. EDIT: Ah I see, the site ran the email thru gravatar.......makes sense. But thanks for the mindscrew anyhow.

Edited by chaosislife13

And I who have been thinking about removing that message as it was quite a while ago, but now it seems it can still be useful :)

Presuming you still have access to the email address you registered with you should be able to use the "I've forgotten my password" function, otherwise let me know and I'll help you.

As for the other issue please post in the bug reports forum: http://www.wildfiregames.com/forum/index.php?showforum=378 The wiki is at http://trac.wildfiregames.com/ though, and to see any errors and warnings you can either press F9 to bring up the in-game terminal + log, or check the interestinglog.html (see http://trac.wildfiregames.com/wiki/GameDataPaths for where to find it).

Eh, as long as I'm not getting banned again it doesn't matter much as the new one is attached to an email addy I actually use. the other was yahell I believe. Tho if there's a way for this one to inherit or link to the posts from the old one that'd be kool for posterity's sake.

Edit: found how to make a link to the app data.......i never would have found that as I'm always looking in the root folder for stuff..... Now the interesting bit is that it's still giving me the error even after I reverted the changes I'd made, is there any reason it would still be trying to load parent files that aren't linked to by any active buildables? I was trying to copy over several of the parent files since changing data in parent files annoys both me and tortoisesvn, and then change the appropriate links in the units and structures I'm fiddling with. i got it to work properly with the units, but the structures keep spazzing about not being able to find the directory. I also had tried just making a file that had everything from the parents so i could modify that and bypass parenting as it annoys me as i stated earlier, That didn't work. And it took a bit of work.

Edited by chaosislife13

I just realized the easiest way would probably be to just change the email address of the old account, that way all you'd really lose are these three posts (which most likely could be transferred to that account, but it should be easier to not do that and you could just post in this thread with the old account :) ). Would you like me to do that?

• 5 months later...

Sry, I thought I'd replied that there wasn't much point.......and then i buggered off to whatever else interested me at the time....tho I suppose you could do that if you feel up to it..... adding the 13 confuses me a bit, but then i end out trying to work out just what variation of password I used for this forum. I know eventually I'l have to work out a whole new scheme for that too......bloody annoying.

Edited by chaosislife13