Suggestions: Imperial Rome

KingBlah

Hello, I've been observing the progress of 0 AD for some time and I would like to propose list of buildings for Imperial Roman faction (in case such faction will be made in future) just for future reference. I realise that there is still much work to be done on the 500-0 BC period but there is a statement claiming "In future Expansion Packs, we hope to expand the number of available cultures... Late Rome, Imperial Rome" and I believe that the inclusion of Imperial Roman and Late Roman factions would be very interesting and educational. So here I come up with my building concept for the Imperial Rome, the idea is to make them different than the classic and stereotypical image of Rome and still unique and historically accurate in the same time, my main concept is to make them distinctive compared to the Republican Roman faction. Here is the list:

Civic center - stylized Basilica of Maxentius (built: 312 AD) or stylized Basilica Ulpia (probably built in: 112 AD) with four triumphal columns in front, maybe Trajan's Column???

Market - stylized Trajan's Market (probably built: 100-110 AD) with stylized Meta Sudans (built between: 89 and 96 AD) in the center of the market.

Wonder: stylized Colosseum (built: 70–80 AD) or stylized Colossus of Nero (built: 64-68 AD)

Farmstead: stylized Villa Borg (probably built: 2nd or 3rd century AD) or maybe just a portion of it like one of the side buildings.

Walls: stylized Hadrian's Wall (built: 122 AD on) or stylized Aurelian Walls (built: 271-275 AD) or stylized portions from Diocletian's Palace (built: 4th century AD, maybe more suitable for the Late Roman faction)

House: Some insula designs for different house variations - 1,2,3,4 (the one on left)

Ill note again, I know that this faction is not being developed and you have other things to work on but I would like to put this here just for future reference, also if somebody is interested I can search for more reference materials and provide them. And another thing, it would be great to have Caligula as AI leader for the Imperial Roman faction, I want to wage civil war against the mad guy :D

Edited by KingBlah

The Roman Imperial faction is planned for second part and the Late Roman (western and eastern) are too.

Many of them can be Eyecandy because are too big (scale) to be a building like market or farmstead these you propose. But can be good inspiration.

Edited by Lion.Kanzen
  • Like 1