Hello! and some questions

Hello Everybody!!

I’m new here, so i think is better begin with an introduction : )

My name is Alex. I'm from Brazil (São Paulo), and I will start university in Computer Science.

Searching for RTS games I Found 0 A.D. a few months ago. I really liked the game and when I saw the game is open source and anyone could help i thought that could be a great place to learn more about game programming and how works a big project.

I downloaded the code and opened with visual studio. but it's hard to begin from zero modify the code. where can I found a documentation or tips to help me?

what I need to know before try to help? I know openGL is important so where can i learn more about?

sorry if I made silly questions, and sorry for my english mistakes.

Hi Alex,

You don't really even need to know that much about OpenGL in order to work on the game. Most of it is Ideas, 3D Art, and editing .XML documents.

When I first came here, I thought I needed to learn code too (and I have learned some from working on the game and its mods). But I found that all I really needed in order to start was the willingness, diligence, and patience. Everything else followed :).