Multiplayer: "player leaving" status enhancement

openoliv

Hi,

in a multiplayer game when a player leaves there's a message that quickly says so.

However, in the heat of the fight, it can happen that we miss it (or at least I miss it sometimes, ending up playing alone :-) )without noticing it). Or if I'm playing against a quiet player it can happen that I have to ask him if he's still alive...

Except asking him directly there are two ways to know his status :

1) The player name is displayed as '[OFFLINE] playername', just select a building/unit.

2) in the diplomacy window his name is replaced by "Player X"

Both solutions are not really obvious, or at least not at first glance.

If the player is still in shadow you cannot select any building/unit. And if you happen to meet some of its soldiers I'm not sure that the first thing you do is to check his status (I guess you kick him first and ask question later).

Going to the diplomacy window is not really obvious. And for some people we have no name, just a color, so Green player being green "Player 1" or green "John Doe" doesn't tell a lot about his status.

So the question is : how to enhance the status notice of the leaving players ?

Should his color be changed to some "neutral" color ? And if he can connects back he can gets his color back.

Should we have some kind of permanent notice on the GUI ?

• Like 1