UI on High Res screen is hard to read

scarleo

It is almot imossible to read text or see details on a screen with high resolution, I'm currently on a 13.3" laptop with a resolution of 3200x1800 and I can't really read any of the texts in the game comfortably. Neither can I find any way to change 0ad's resolution. As these kinds of screen becomes increasingly popular I think the game should adjust and have a more relative screen layout so that it can be played on this type of screen, either automatically detect resolution and adjust or at least a manual setting to select resolution. Sorry for the somewhat non-tech "bug report" but I don't know how to be more technical in this matter. Please let me know if I can provide you with more info.

The devs are fully aware of this problem, mainly thanks to the retina display. But some mechanics need an upgrade to make a solution possible (SDL => SDL2 I thought) Still, there is being worked on the problem.

Modifying the res is possible: you can change some values in a config file (I don't know how to find it, that depends on your OS.

http://trac.wildfiregames.com/wiki/Manual_Settings

Edited by niektb