Unable to download

betacentauri

Please, please, please give an eye to the download function of the site. How is a user supposed to download a latest release, say, Naukratis Linux version? If I am a Debian user, I end up being told to apt-get install it, which, as we know, simply says that my installed version is already the newest one. Same for other distros. Other clicks make us go merry-go-round about the same page... it's too messy! If you're supposed to go the svn way for the sources, please state so clearly. I've found this solution only after much wandering around.

Thank you in advance!

Edited by betacentauri

This is an OS decision, we can't give packages for every distro. We do try to cooperate with distros, like 0 A.D. is on the latest version A14 in Debian testing (http://packages.debian.org/testing/games/). It's not in stable yet, but that's a rather logical choice of Debian, as 0 A.D. isn't stable.

As you probably know, you can always try to install the debs from testing, or you can add the PPA for Ubuntu mentioned here: http://trac.wildfiregames.com/wiki/LatestReleaseLinux#Ubuntu

• 2 months later...

Thank you for your response. Please note that I do not criticize the decision not to offer packages! I just find that, when you intend to download the latest release and you do not find the proper package, the webpage navigation goes awkward. The links seem always to lead to some downloadable version and you get into a loop. Simply adding some "follow _these instructions_ if you do not find your distro here" blurb, pointing to the SVN source download and compilation process instructions, would do.