A designer is interested in contributing modelling buildings

NoMolester

To mythos of whoever.

I know an architect that is specializad in modelling buildings, this person is interested in the game and also knows a lot about history of architecture (ancient an med).

This person asks how she can help.

She is specialized too in designin "spaces" so she says that she could help by modelling buildings, or by drawing historically and spatially accurate versions of the buildings.

This person can make textures but only with certain programs.

Is asking me what programs are you using for the models and textures, she knows many programs but is unsure what programs, format and all that technical stuff are you using, if by chance it happens to be the same she masters already, she would like to help.

If you could be kind enough to give me that info or at least point me to the correct direction i would apreciate it.

Edited by NoMolester

Hi NoMolester,

If she is interested, she can make sketch drawings/concept art for buildings for other modelers or for herself is she's going to model them, so the team can approve them or guide her in the art direction we're looking for. After that, she can model in any program she want, the only requeriment is the that the program must be able to export files to COLLADA format (.dae) for the game to use. For the textures she can use whatever program she want. Here in the forums the most popular programs are: for 3D modelling - Blender3D and for texturing/painting - GIMP &/or Photoshop. Another requirement is that she's ok with releasing all her contributions for the game under CC-BY-SA 3.0 license.

Some pointers:

- We're not looking for 100% accurate building dimensions. We have to stick to some restrictions for gameplay reasons (i.e. not oversized buildings)

- The main direction of the current civilizations is already layed out (except seleucids) but if she's an expert we'll be happy to hear her input.

- I'd like that everyone who wants to contribute to the game with art assets, downloads the game to get the feel of the game before starting to work.

If she's interested, please invite her to join the forums and ask whatever questions she might have ;)

Excellent, i will inviter her.

I told her about the building proportions like the units are 2m and the scale of doors is slightly big and that there are certain parameters about scale, textures and modelling she has to fullfill.

She has played the game before but didn't know that it was alpha and that you could participate in its development.