3d Artist Position - Tucker Stern

Position: 3d Artist

Do you understand that Wildfire Games is a non-commercial project, work for 0 A.D. is volunteer, and work is done for free?

Yes

Do you agree to distribute all your work for Wildfire Games under Creative Commons Attribution Share-Alike license?

Yes

Name:

Tucker Stern

Email:

vtrdesigns@hotmail.com

MSN Messenger:

twsoccer03@hotmail.com

New Paltz, NY, USA.

Availability:

10-20

Student and Athlete

Skills and Experience:

I have been using Blender as a hobby for 7 years off and on and attending classes envolving graphic design for 4 years.

Motivation:

Experience, and having others rely on me to get something done (being a team player).

Personality:

Personable (Friendly, passionate, communicative).

Short Essay:

0 a.d. Started my love for rts, but I still have not found the right one for me and believe that 0 a.d. has come the closest and certainly has the possibility of being a top game for gameplay and community. I always value games that focus on a community higher then those looking for profit. I have grown up in an atmosphere of being non for profit and I find it rewarding to just be a part of that. I know I wont be as skilled as most of the artist that are volunteering but I would like to use this to improve my abilities and eventually be a very helpful member.

Interests and Hobbies:

Of course Im a gamer but wouldn't say a hardcore gamer. Im a huge soccer player, I will be playing in college while studying computer graphics with a focus on 3d modeling.

Staff:

Unfortunately I have not had the pleasure of meeting anyone on the team yet.

Community:

I enjoy going onto forums like blenderartists to check out all the amazing work people have done

Favorite Game:

Right now I would have to say Mount and Blade: warband, I love the mix of genres.

Work Examples:

Unfortunatly I dont have any job experience but I have done work on my own. A model and rig I did a couple years ago:Model and Rig . An animation that I am working on, still have a lot of work to do: Skytop Animation Also added a few models I have done.

post-15532-0-44801300-1375289482_thumb.j

post-15532-0-68525600-1375289483_thumb.j

post-15532-0-30809100-1375289485_thumb.p

post-15532-0-00967200-1375289486_thumb.p

post-15532-0-54921700-1375289486_thumb.j

post-15532-0-53641700-1375289487_thumb.p

Welcome to the forums Tucker.

We're looking for experienced Blender animators to help us model and animate the remaining animals in the game. It's one of the most critical tasks remaining for the Art team, so your experience both with modeling animals and rigging is very relevant.

Initially I'd suggest you take a look at this basic 3D tutorial as it'll help you understand a bit more about how the game operates. Enrique (our Art Department Lead) will be along shortly.

Hello Tucker, welcome to the forums.

As Pureon already said, we're on the hunt of animators. We've some recent animals (hippo, tiger, rhino, gorilla...) already modeled and textured that you can try your hand at animating it.

From your work examples I can see your main skill is modelling, (and that you're a blendercookie learner :P) So if you prefer modeling instead of animating, we can look for a test building to test your skills.

What do you say?