[RESOLVED] I have a bug with groups!

Hoemi

Hi

This bug really nerves me: I do a group with 10 swordmen (Ctrl+1). Later I do another 5 swordmen and I want to put them in the same group (Shift+1). Now it says 15 swordmen. Now comes the bug: When I push the number 1 again, only the 10 swordmen are in the group (The 5, wich I have put in the group with Shift+1 aren't no longer in the gruop.)

This bug really gets on my nerves, because I always have to search all my troops on the whole map, if I want to start an attack.

Am I the only one with this bug or do you all have this bug?

I hope you understand what I mean, because english isn't my native language. You can also correct me, if I did an terrible grammatic mistake :D

Hoemi

shift doesn't add to the group, but to the selection. If you select 5 swordsmen, and press shift+1, those 10 men in group 1 are added to that selection. But group 1 isn't changed. If you want to save that selection to group 1, you need to press ctrl+1 again. Maybe we should have ctrl+shift+# to add the selection to a group, I have no idea if this is implemented.

Presumably you are familiar with StarCraft? Our groups work a little differently, as sanderd17 explained. So to add 5 swordsmen to the group, select them and then press Shift+1 Ctrl+1.

sanderd17: That's a decent idea, although I'm not really sure if Shift+1 Ctrl+1 is much harder. I was using Ctrl+Shift+n for my experimental "restrict selection" stuff, but I don't really know if that's useful (also I think I lost all my work on it when I had some problems with SVN).

• 1 month later...