[RESOLVED] Problem modify public Mac osx

Hi,

I have problems with changing the "public" file.

This file is compressed into zip and when I unpack and I make changes to certain file, when I recompress the same format the file public.zip am no longer the same size.

He spends 1.07 GB 579 Mo and the game no longer works.

I try to check in with different programs, but I still have this problem.

Can anyone tell me why?

The zip than the game uses does not compress the files within it, so when you recreate it with compression it will be smaller.

It should still work after you remake the public.zip I think, are you sure you kept the same folder layout? You don't actually need to use a zip, the game can read files from a directory, so just have a public directory instead of the zip.

The archive reader only supports DEFLATE compression or no compression, so you would have to adjust your compression settings.

But that isn't how the game is supposed to be modded, as we have support for user mods you could just create the file and folder structure in ~/Library/Application\ Support/0ad/mods/user and the game will load it and replace the file of the same name that is present in public.zip.