Hello all!

Greetings! I'm glad to be part of this community, even with my disagreeing keyboard (I'm having to type this on my iDevice as my keyboard had some of its letters die. These things always happen with excellent timing grrsshhmumble...).

Anyway, I've had 0A.D. for a few months now and am definitely a bit of a junkie. I'm not sure if I can contribute too much, but I'll be more than happy to churn out ideas/neurotic commentary or things of that sort!

Also, am I the only person here who uses the editor more than the actual game? The editor is actually a really fun sandbox in itself- it's interesting to just plop in some units, and then 'create your own adventure' from there- place enemy forces, do a rough narrative etc.

Speaking of which, here's a preview of a video I'm going to upload next week after Christmas!

I'm taking my time stitching all the takes together*, do the video certainly isn't complete or very smooth currently though it should show why I love the editor so much- creativity and camera angles! (*and I don't really want to ruin the pre-Christmas mood with videos of animated 3D Spartans receiving tactical bombing anyway)

I've noticed a suggestions forum and will definitely try to be civilly active there. So that's all I can add currently, and to everyone celebrating, Merry Christmas!

I joined after checking the site for a new alpha, which I've just downloaded- I'll definitely poke around in it, and possibly sing praises about it, tomorrow.

(okay, just one mini-suggestion! anyone wants a Google+ 0AD community?)

Mmm. Thanks for the tip! How many more useful shortcuts am I missing? :o

It really looks brilliant. I'm also a tad annoyed after I spent 2 hours or so recording another fairly epic battle to put together, using that key and a few other innovations, and then a video output error came up. >_<

I'll definitely remember to have the sky on in any future videos- the results look fantastic.

screenshot1177.pngscreenshot1178.pngscreenshot1179.pngscreenshot1187.pngscreenshot1184.pngscreenshot1190.pngscreenshot1192.png

Yes, those are Mauryans and a combined Samnite-Persian force battling outside a small alpine trade town. With supporting skytriremes and things.

Edited by Not a Spartan

I did say I used 'a few other innovations'. :)

For the flying ships, I turned water height to full and murkiness to zero. I didn't mess with the visual effects, but I decided to snoop around the 'actors' list (from the drop-down menu in Atlas' Object tab) and found the 'particles' section, which gives the fog/snow effect.

By the way, there's a lot of fascinating stuff in that section, including a Stonehenge! (and winter-themed Celtic buildings, as seen in the first shot)

Now if only the video'd came out. I'm a bit miffed. (handy tip: don't record file sizes over 2 GB if you have the CamStudio screen recorder!)