"info box" covers important stuff

pedro_angelo

When I'm telling the civ centre to create my units, and I place the mouse cursor at a unit icon, it shows this box: (in red)

with_tip.png

however, i would really like to see (*while* i choose which icon to click, i.e., which unit to create) the units which are being created: (in red)

without_tip.png

that box doesnt let me see them :\

It is very nice to have the info box follow the mouse, but I think it would be better off *above* the box that shows the progress (the one in blue in the last screenshot). What do you guys think? Is it worth a ticket? (it could be in that "simple" category) I'm still trying to understand better the code before I try making any change, but I would do this one.

Hmmm I annoyed some people at IRC trying to upload the images to the forum, i'm sure it must be an amazingly easy thing to do, but after a lot of trying and trying I couldn't find the button to do it :P

This link I gave doesn't seem to be working, also... I hope these will:

First: (with tooltip) http://postimage.org/image/yj4iyxohd/

Second: (without tooltip) http://postimage.org/image/s1etichbv/

Edited by pedro_angelo

yes, the resolution is a bit low, but it is not the problem.

the problem is that the "info box" has the bottom y-coordinate equal to the mouse cursor coordinate. This way it will always cover that "progress box" (which I showed in blue).

my suggestion is that the bottom y-coordinate of this info box should equal the top y-coordinate of the progress box (when the progress box is being shown, of course. I'm not sure now if it is shown or not if there aren't any units being created)

I think the problem was that transparent tooltips look very ugly, possibly a bug in the UI engine. Tooltip alignment is slightly buggy as well, which exacerbates this problem.

Having mucked around with 'z' quite a bit, I believe the GUI only attempts to blend objects that have rather similar z values. Which is to say, a translucent tooltip with very high z drawn over top of the main UI will make a 'hole' in the UI.