Just found the game first impressions

vikingwannabe

Hi I just stumbled on this game late at night and though id try it.

Just like to say im literally blow away with what you guys have achieved game looks incredible and is great fun to play :)

I have a few suggestions after playing, sorry if they are always suggested by newbies im awful at checking forums :S

1. when the qbot is running out of wood get it to start building combat units that dont need wood but need iron instead - played a map and we used all the wood, I won in the end as i built mercs and the qbot just curled up and died as it had no wood :S

2. trees grow over time and spread - in stronghold you can keep your forest alive by leaving some of the trees to grow over time and when mature they can cause baby trees to apprear nearby, its a very slow process but i always thought it was neat and it allowed you to grow forests where you want them.

3. animals can breed over time - again in stronghold if you had a herd of wild animals wandering about they would breed over time, always thought it was cool, except when the breeding animals were rabbits eating all your crops lol

well anyways thanks so much for creating a game like this you guys have upmost respect

Welcome to the forums and thank for your feedback.

In 0 A.D. we have a military focus so we will not be implementing the more simulation orientated features like regrowing forests. For gaining resources later in the game once the map has been depleted we have farming and trading. It is also possible to exchange resources of different types (bartering) at the market. This is what the AI needs to be modified to handle, though some element of using the resources at hand would be good as well.

• 2 months later...