References: Animal Walking

• 4 months later...

I know some programming, but I am just going out on a limb here. This game, http://www.wolfire.com/overgrowth , is pretty famous (as indie games go) for it's animations. Here is an interviewer where one of the few people behind the game talks about the animation.

Obviously in RTS animation is way less important. But if methods like those make animation development easier (and not just the finished product more awesome), might they be worthwhile to implement?

• 11 months later...

I don't know if this helps, but maybe it does:

Arkive is a site about animals, you can search a species and it has some videos about this species.

For example, you search Forest elephant, you'll find this:

http://www.arkive.org/forest-elephant/loxodonta-cyclotis/video-06a.html

A elephant running.

Again, no idea if it helps, but I thought it could.

• Like 1

I don't know if this helps, but maybe it does:

Arkive is a site about animals, you can search a species and it has some videos about this species.

For example, you search Forest elephant, you'll find this:

http://www.arkive.or.../video-06a.html

A elephant running.

Again, no idea if it helps, but I thought it could.

No, this is an excellent find! Thank you for sharing. It will be very useful for animators.
  • Like 1

No, this is an excellent find! Thank you for sharing. It will be very useful for animators.

I just saw Arkive in a thread. Glad I helped.

Slightly off-topic. I hope it is allowed. Otherwise I will post it in another thread.

I'm quite an animal "freak". So if there's something else concerning animals perhaps I could help.

But I can't think of anything. I'm going to look at the biome and animal list and see if there are any important animals that are left out.

I want to learn modelling and make trees and plants. I also want to make animal skins to present the different subspecies. Though the problem with subspecies is: did they also life in the ancient times?

For example, Southern European wolves look very different from Northern European wolves, example:

North-European (this could actually be an American wolf, but they look very similar)

eurasian%20wolf.jpg

Iberian wolf:

canis-lupus.jpg

Notice how different they look?

Edited by Unarmed

• 11 months later...