rotate building with azerty keyboard

jquelin

hi, i just tried 0ad geronium - very promising.

i have a problem rotating buildings: 0ad treats the keyboard as a qwerty regardless of the actual keyboard type (i have an azerty keyboard). and unfortunately, [ and ] are not recognized when i'm hitting them where they should be on a qwerty. so, is there a way to either change keyboard mapping, or hotkeys for building rotation, or even do it another way (with the mouse?) ?

thanks for a great game,

jérôme

I don't know the answer to the first question, but I do know the answer to the latter two: First the last question, the easiest way in most cases is just to click the building icon to be able to place it, then position your mouse in the in-game world and then instead of just clicking press the left mouse button while moving the mouse. As soon as you let go the button the building foundation will be placed. Unless you are in a spot where it can't be built, which can be used as a trick if you e.g. want to line up wall pieces (a proper wall system will come later): just rotate it in the right way while over an obstacle, then let go of the left mouse button and move to where you actually want to place the building. There it's just to left click and the foundation will be placed.

It is also possible to change the hotkeys, later we hope to include an in-game options screen, but for now it's possible editing some text files. Please see: http://trac.wildfiregames.com/wiki/Manual_Settings and if that's not clear enough feel free to ask for more help here :)