gamee questions

Centurion

Hi. I'm havent tried the game due to inability to run it, but I was wondering: how will the game work? I've played Risk, Age of Empires, and Civilization II, and they happen to be some of my favorite games.

first question

Does this game include Random Maps, and does it include real world maps?

next question

If there was a big map of the europe, would I be able to pick just greece, and play that area? how would this work.

third question

I saw the trade topic, but I don't get exactly how it works, and how it will work in relation to territories, size of your territory etc

So will it just be a distance thing like in AoK?, or will there be smaller things to know about, like in civ2, where the best cities make good trade, your own cities had half trade. How much managing of trade will there be on the players end vs automation (like deciding commodities?) Can I set my trade to follow a certain path or road instead of running into the middle of the battle? will there be any bonuses for following roads,

4th question

will this game have wonder victories and artifact/relic victories like AoE?

5th question

can you build roads, will they offer any bonus or just look pretty. do they get built or form on their own, or will it be as the map comes, final. that question similarily applies to trees (do they grow) basically asking if the game world changes with or without my help. Like when you play a game like A-train or some sim game, and you might put down restaurants, train stations, and suddenly a sprawling city is there.

6th question

will this game have something liek neutrals or goodies. not sure what to call it, but basically things that benefit whoever finds it first. in aoe you could make scenarios with gaia, and mb you got 4 extra bowmen or something... also when you found artifacts they were a helpful explorer. in civ 2 you would find a goodie hut and get some new tech or gold or settlers or even piss off some barbarians.

those are the main questions for now

Edited by Centurion

The game is closest to Age of Empires, It includes a small number of random maps and some real world maps. The mas work like Age of Empires basically.

The trade is not merged into the game yet but after merging the trade will be distance based and will probably give a bonus for trading with other players over trading with yourself. You will be able to set routes for the trade.

I don't know about plans for wonder/relic victories.

Roads aren't planned to be buildable but they may exist on maps an should give a speed increase to units walking on them, the pathfinder will automatically make units use a road if it will be faster.

Currently there are treasures which are resource bonuses scattered around some of the maps.