Random and Non-Random game crashes

dexit

Is it normal, that it crashes on a windows xp, everytime it loads a map, in SP but when i do MP, it can load a map, only the oasis one, with 4 players other one wont even load, they just crash !!

Anyway good job gonna try it on ubuntu today :)

[EDIT] forgot to mention that i sent tech data thru bug report inside the game, but umm even had the chance to play for 5min :)

Edited by dexit

That's definitely not normal. What version are you using? (Alpha 6? SVN?) Could you upload the crash files? (Copy-and-paste %appdata%\0ad\logs\ to go to the logs folder, in there you'll - hopefully - find crashlog.dmp, crashlog.txt, interestinglog.html and system_info.txt You should be able to attach them to a reply to this topic.)

Also, that feedback message you can send in the game is not really the best way to send bug reports. Partly because we need to go check a special page to see the list and don't get noticed of new messages etc, so the forums are much better for that. But mostly because we don't have a way to ask follow-up questions (unless you provide your email address, but that kinda voids it being anonymous ;) and in any case the forums allow for more people to participate in the solving of the issue. And it can of course also be of use for other people who see the same errors in-game and realize they're not alone.) Now I hope you don't take this as criticism, after all you've posted here :) , but I want to make sure other people who read this are made aware that the forums are our preferred way of receiving bug reports. (Trac tickets are nice as well, though it's usually better to have some discussion here first to rule out errors on your side and to get the basic discussion :) )

So now ill summerize it when it crashes :

When Skype notification pops up, the game just crashes.

When Kaspersky AV is enabled and running OVERSTACk flow error or whatever.

When You SCROLL out, like changing the ZOOM level it'll crash at the last zooming level, saying that there is somehting with the frames.

When i try to play SinglePlayer, it'll crash automaticaly, because of i dont know :D, but when making Multiplayer game, then playing only with bots work for about 5 min or so, then i get a ccrash when i make 50+ units.

[EDIT] I sitll hadnt the coice to install it on a debian system.

sim_log.zip

Edited by dexit

Since I'm not a programmer I can't help too much in debugging this, but I'll make a suggestion: I see that you're using the Alpha 6 version, would you be willing to try out the SVN version? There's an autobuilt .exe, so apart from you having to use an SVN client (TortoiseSVN as described here: http://trac.wildfiregames.com/wiki/TortoiseSVN_Guide is really straight-forward to use, and given that you mention Debian I assume you're computer savvy enough to work out how to use it :) ) and having to run the program from \binaries\system in the folder where you'd put 0 A.D. rather than from the Start menu it really isn't much more difficult. (It is not a snapshot of the development as a release is though, so at times it can be a bit rough.) I don't know if things will work better, but it will be of great use for us to know whether you get the same errors using the latest code as well :) (No need to try and find an error that's already been fixed if we know about it. If you're not willing to try the SVN version, don't worry, it would just make things easier for us :) )