Selection bug/Moving units is pain sometimes

Is that object selection with mouse, bug discussed somewhere? I mean that example when you point to clear land where tree is nearby and order unit to walk there next to the tree and instead of walking to that point it goes and start woodcutting. Its also really annoying to try get your troops between two building because you always hit other building when right clicking. Sometimes there is even 2cm gap between building and free place (21,5" screen, 1920x1080 resolution) where I try to click and still its pointing to that building. Moving camera around helps to get it right but its so annoying because I don't want to move my camera always around to get my units in right place. I've had this kind of weirdness in all builds of 0ad. I am using Ubuntu 10.10 and 0ad.dev repository for builds. I haven't played on windows yet so it might be just me and linux. Someone suffers this bug too?

Yeah, that's due to the game using what's called a bounding box (if you don't know what it is it may be described as an "imaginary" box that's big enough to fit the entire building/object into) to determine whether there's something under the cursor or not. Most of the time that works ok, but as you describe it can get annoying sometimes. Hopefully we'll be able to find a better way to do this, but it might take a while as our main focus is on implementing the gameplay features still remaining and fixing bugs that stops the game from working at all. That means it might take a while before it's fixed, but you never know. Sometimes someone thinks of a quick and good way to solve a problem and it can be fixed sooner rather than later :) You're not alone in experiencing the bug though :)