Relaunch of 0AD.me the greatest english 0ad fansite.

asmartgoat

0A.D. Me!

Welcome to the relaunch of the greatest English 0AD Fan-site ever.

Deutsch? treten die 0A.D. Deutsch-Community (Nicht mit 0ad.me verbundenen) hier klicken. :)

Organize 0AD Events.

0adevents.png

You can organize or join an 0AD Event.

socialgame.png

Like the Saturday Social Game! (Join us Developers)

Download Featured Maps

featuredmaps.png

And of course you can upload your maps and mods to our servers for instant download!

Not that wait 90 seconds, which i'm sure most of you hate.

(Yes i did feature my own map, but in defence i've featured yodaspirines map too. xD [see homepage])

The 0A.D. unofficial Game Guide

gameguide.png

Click on the image to download the 50 Page MEGA 0AD Game guide.

We also need a content writer for the blog.

If you're interested, please post a message here or on the 0ad.me forums.

Want to donate?

Click here (Yes, that was on purpose)

Not registered yet?

Register now or Sign in with Facebook

So come join us.

http://0ad.me/

I would also appreciate comments on the website. I really want to integrate wordpress with mybb but i'm not *that* great of a webdev.

Edited by asmartgoat

Right now I'm hacking together a wordpress->Mybb bridge. :|)

I've hacked most of it together, i'd appreciated if people try logging in through the main page / suggesting what should go in that box.

Edit: I'm having a problem with typing the WRONG password /username in. It ruins the experience.... hmmm

Edited by asmartgoat

MyBB is great. I used to develop it a few years back.

I personally would make the portal.php page of the forum the homepage of 0ad.me, thus transforming the the forum into the blogging software...

You simply tell the portal to pull posts from an announcement / news forum, lock that forum down so only you can create threads in it, and you're good to go.

I did it for this forum: http://www.wildfiregames.com/forum/index.php?app=portal

That way, you only have one piece of software and more importantly, one set of themes for the entire experience.

I originally did have a Portal.php, but abandoned it for Wordpress. The general feel is better and my bridge seems to be (mostly) working.

There were lots of things wrong with portal.php,I had to hack in everything I wanted to add (custom sidebars, static sidebar style box on the top), I felt that the forum should not be what everything revolves around. I came up with the idea of having a website that revolves around this 'news feed'. The news feed will have new popular events and it will feature maps, with the best maps being featured on the little gallery slider at the top.

If mybb's portal was a little more developed i'd prefer to use it, but the way it is now, It feels like a hacked on page, unfortunately.

I'm actually looking the other way, at bbPress. :)

http://bbpress.org/