Future Release Schedule?

Chakakhan

Curious what the future release schedule is?

Defined when we get there :P The aim is to release a new alpha every other month or so, but it depends on so many factors it's hard to say anything with any more certainty than that. Then, when all the gameplay features are implemented, continue with betas (focusing on balancing, bug fixing, and campaigns and so, perhaps some non-gameplay-related features could be added in beta stage as well, like on the graphics side) on a similar schedule until the game is finished :)

Makes perfect sense! I was just curious because yesterday on the dev chat they were talking about a code freeze coming up and I was just curious. I was thinking about picking something I could get done before the freeze, but decided it's probably better to work on whats most important and worry about the schedule a little later cheers.gif.

Cheers!

Makes perfect sense! I was just curious because yesterday on the dev chat they were talking about a code freeze coming up and I was just curious. I was thinking about picking something I could get done before the freeze, but decided it's probably better to work on whats most important and worry about the schedule a little later cheers.gif.

Cheers!

Agreed :) After all it can be added to the game at any time if it's good code, but if it's just something rushed together to be on time for a release it's not necessarily something that's good enough to go into that release anyway :) (That said, an idea of the plan can be gotten here: http://trac.wildfiregames.com/roadmap , feature freeze for a release is one week before the release date. Please note that those dates are just planned dates, and may change if we see they need to be moved forward or so :) But to give you an idea.)