Boat Bugs And Other Suggestions

carlinho

First of all, congrats!!!!!!!

I've been following the development of the game for a long time, and it's amazing to see how it's getting better and better!

the game is beautiful!

water is insanely great, textures are really well worked (I even used some of those textures to mod another game, and I know how they are, so I'm really amazed at the quality you got out from them)

I totally understand there's lots of things to be implemented, and maybe this you already know, but just in case here it goes:

1) on the island maps, I built a port on the shore, and if I built it too close to the shore, all ships that I constructed would be "born" on the limits of water and shore....and then they could only move inland....and could not "sail" on water...

just as if they were troops....or even worst, as troops can go deep on water, this ships couldn't.

I built another shipyard deeper, and didn't have that problem

2)formations are of course still on the works....so the fact that units go ultra fast backwards or forward to keep formations, I'm pretty sure you are aware of...

it's just their speed is modified to get into formation, I think if just the engine couldn't modify their speed, that would solve it...

3)units don't autodefend, that is you attack an enemy formation that is marching with the AI to attack a certain objective, and they don't defend themselves until they reach their objective point (of course probably this is like this as AI is still minimal

4)Are you guysgoing to implement a certain dot/cross animation where you hit with mouse to indicate where units are going to march to?

it's really helpful in this kind of games to have that crosshair objective direction to know the computer understood your directions....

5)the radium of pinpoint of the mouse is kind of large...for example you click on the ground to make your units move there, but there's a nearby tree in the foreground, and units will go to axe the tree, even though the mouse was clicked on the ground...kind of the mouse point being too wide....and not very precise.

other than that, and the obvious wip state of the game, wow....AMAZING~!!!!!!!!

great work!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!