No Executable

Indeed, I missed an error message about a missing library. I have an executable now, however when I run the game, textures are missing and performance is low. It outputs an error message in the console:

unsupported texture format in setup_hardware_state

failed to validate texture for unit 0.

Any ideas what is this about?

I'm not sure what the lighting weirdness would be - could you perhaps post a screenshot? I don't know the current situation is with r600 driver compatibility, but I'd guess the proprietary drivers would work better.

The game is probably slow partly because it's compiled in debug mode - assuming it's this package, the PKGBUILD file should say "make CONFIG=Release" instead of just "make", and the run script should use "pyrogenesis" instead of "pyrogenesis_dbg".

Ah, looks like a shadowing problem. If you're able to experiment a bit, maybe you could try using the old drivers and editing source/renderer/ShadowMap.cpp lines 367/368 to both say "GL_NEAREST" instead of "GL_LINEAR" and recompile and see if that makes any difference? (I'd be pleasantly surprised if that actually worked, but it's probably worth a try just in case :))