Hello from postUSSR

Hello everyone! My name is Vlad, i'm from Ukraine so my English is pretty poor, but I'll try to explain my thought clearly. Right now i'm a student of ukrainian technical university and programming is kind of my profession(to be honest, i'm an engineer, but who cares:) so I'd like to contribute to your project because I like it very much. Long time ago Age Of Empires was one of my most favorite games and 0 A.D. reminds me those good times.

Now about my skills. I have some basic knowledge of c and c++, as an indicator of my level in c++ I can say that I didnt develop anything harder than chess(qt) and some kind of iptables front-end on qt too. Also I've written a php+mysql web-interface for an olympiad on microprocessor programming so I have an experience of one working project right now :P.

I've tried to understand how to work with pyrogenesis but now I feel little confused about it. Maybe a little push can help me but anyway I'll read wiki and other mans to get in business.

By the way, I dont want to create many threads so could anyone please tell me one thing, my computer has such parameters:

cpu - Athlon X2 2.6+

gpu - geforce 9600 GT

2GB of ram

linux distr - archlinux

And 0 A.D. doesn't work smoothly. So is my computer too old or it's something else?

You're doing a great job guys! opensource rulez! :)

Hi Vlad. Welcome to the forums.

GettingStartedProgrammers page probably is best place to start programming.

I don't know much about the game performance and system requirements, but your hardware seems as enough good for me. Maybe there is some driver problems. Are you tried to disable shadows/water reflections in the in-game settings dialog? I think someone else can tell you more about this.

thanks guys! Unfortunately i have no progress in programming for now, but i believe there will be some in the near future.

Sorry for my Russian, this message is for fcxSanya:

Извини, лс тебе послать не даёт борда, хотя, конечно, может ты сам выключил эту функцию, поэтому прошу прощения за настойчивость, но действительно хочется поучаствовать в разработке. Однако, блин, разобраться в коде трудновато. Заранее прости, если это слишком нагло с моей стороны, но не мог бы ты немного рассказать мне, как работать с движком, потому что вики и doxygen явно расчитаны на опытных людей, а я таковым не являюсь.

Edited by gavlig

thanks guys! Unfortunately i have no progress in programming for now, but i believe there will be some in the near future.

Sorry for my Russian, this message is for fcxSanya:

Извини, лс тебе послать не даёт борда, хотя, конечно, может ты сам выключил эту функцию, поэтому прошу прощения за настойчивость, но действительно хочется поучаствовать в разработке. Однако, блин, разобраться в коде трудновато. Заранее прости, если это слишком нагло с моей стороны, но не мог бы ты немного рассказать мне, как работать с движком, потому что вики и doxygen явно расчитаны на опытных людей, а я таковым не являюсь.

Google translate (lol):

Sorry, HP does not allow you to send a Bordeaux, though, of course, you yourself can turn off this feature, so I apologize for persistence, but you really want to participate in development. However, a pancake, to understand the code difficult. Sorry in advance if this is too brazen for my part, but could you tell me a little how to work with the engine, because the wiki and doxygen clearly are designed for experienced people, and I is not.