Multiplayers

fiasco

I have been playing RTS games forever and I must say that you should really look into have a centralized multiplayer for 0A.D. with an ELO system of rating. I really STRONGLY urge that you do this, to attract high level gamers as well as those who want competitive play.

I completely agree with a basic matchmaking service that lists current games and allows player to sort based on map, # of players etc. However, I don't think we should implement any sort of ranking or tiered matches until the big 1.0. There are just too many features missing right now for that to make sense.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

If/when this game ever reaches a (more or less) finished state, maybe you could try to get it on voobly.com

Apparently that's where most of the AoK:TC MP action is today. It's a web based match making site that hosts a lot of the old Zone games, including the AoE games.

I've never played there, but I do check the site from time to time and each time they had over 1000+ people playing AoK:TC. Decent numbers for a 10 year old game!

Considering the origins of 0AD it seems like a logical place to look for people who might be interested in trying 0AD MP.

I have no idea if the people behind Voobly would even go for it, but perhaps it's worth checking out?

If/when this game ever reaches a (more or less) finished state, maybe you could try to get it on voobly.com

Apparently that's where most of the AoK:TC MP action is today. It's a web based match making site that hosts a lot of the old Zone games, including the AoE games.

I've never played there, but I do check the site from time to time and each time they had over 1000+ people playing AoK:TC. Decent numbers for a 10 year old game!

Considering the origins of 0AD it seems like a logical place to look for people who might be interested in trying 0AD MP.

I have no idea if the people behind Voobly would even go for it, but perhaps it's worth checking out?

Operating Systems Supported

Win98

WinME

Win2k

WinXP

WinVista

Win7

uhm no linux and no macosx :)