Hidden units

dariuszp

Hi, if I don't miss anything then player units can hide behind building. You should add some occlusion or something to see if any of our soldiers are hiding this way (and what if someone attack building from behind ?).

Another thing - I think you should generate bigger map and generate some kind of border (like battle map in Total War or Mount and Blade). This way graphic experience will improve because player will not see "end of the world". He just cannot move beyond border of the map.

#144 - having a solution to that would be good.

Extending the map seems better than the immediate edge we currently have. I'd like to have that eventually, but it might take a bit of work - need to update the camera movement code, pathfinder (don't want units walking outside the bounds), map editor (need to show designers the border's edge), etc.

Once Fog of War and Shroud of Darkness have been programmed, they could be used at least as stopgap measures to hide the edge.

Extending the map with randomly generated terrain that can't be walked on would be awesome, but if that's not feasible would it be possible to put in some sort of backdrop (kind of like the Sky textures in Doom) that create an illusion of more space? The problem with that is that somebody would have to draw huge textures for them that could reach 360 degrees around the largest map size, and there would need to be multiple textures, at least one for each biome set.

Actually, that sounds harder to me than random terrains extending the map.

Edited by Aldandil