Mac OS X FCollada build failed with something error on CFBundle.h

PhantomMatthew

I followed the Mac OS X build instruction but I still found error with building FCollada.

Updating bundled third-party dependencies...

bash -c 'mkdir -p output/{debug,release,test}/{FCollada/{FCDocument,FMath,FUtils,FColladaTest/{FCTestAssetManagement,FCTestExportImport,FCTestXRef}},FColladaPlugins/FArchiveXML}'

FCollada/FCollada.cpp

In file included from FCollada/FCollada.h:49,

from FCollada/StdAfx.h:13,

from FCollada/FCollada.cpp:9:

FCollada/FUtils/FUtils.h:91:25: error: libxml\tree.h: No such file or directory

In file included from /System/Library/Frameworks/CoreFoundation.framework/Headers/CoreFoundation.h:43,

from /System/Library/Frameworks/CoreServices.framework/Frameworks/CarbonCore.framework/Headers/CarbonCore.h:20,

from /System/Library/Frameworks/CoreServices.framework/Frameworks/AE.framework/Headers/AE.h:20,

from /System/Library/Frameworks/CoreServices.framework/Headers/CoreServices.h:21,

from FCollada/FUtils/FUCriticalSection.h:18,

from FCollada/FUtils/FUError.h:21,

from FCollada/FUtils/FUtils.h:129,

from FCollada/FCollada.h:49,

from FCollada/StdAfx.h:13,

from FCollada/FCollada.cpp:9:

/System/Library/Frameworks/CoreFoundation.framework/Headers/CFBundle.h:147: error: format string argument not a string type

make: *** [output/debug/FCollada/FCollada.o] Error 1

ERROR: FCollada build failed

I also use google to search some topics of this issue in our forum, and tried to use /libraries/fcollada/src/FCollada/FCollada.xcodeproj to build FCollada, but I found error "no file existing of /libxml/tree.h". I already follow the Mac OS X build intruction and get libxml2 installed.

When I search topics in forum, it said I need to us macports to install libxml-dev or libxml2-dev. But when I tried sudo port install libxml-dev or libxml2-dev, I get below error messages:

Error: Port libxml-dev not found

Error: Port libxml2-dev not found

Would you please help about this issue?

After I run pkg-config libxml-2.0 --cflags

it shows:

-I/opt/local/include/libxml2

I can get the tree.h file under /opt/local/include/libxml2/libxml/

Do I need to modify xcodeproj file with some changes?

And it is also very weird to found CFBundle error. ;)

Thanks for your quick reply.

Hmm, if pkg-config says that and if the files exist there, then I can't see why gcc wouldn't find it...

The .xcodeproj file won't work - you need to build FCollada either by running update-workspaces.sh, or by running "make" inside libraries/fcollada/src.

From some searching on the web, it sounds like the CFBundle.h:147 error is an issue in the Snow Leopard header files and it requires you to use Apple's version of GCC. Could you check "which g++" and "g++ -v" to see what version it's using? (If you have a MacPorts version of GCC selected by default then perhaps that's the problem.)