Suggestion

buggy123

First I wanna say...wow. This is the game I've been looking for. A Huge Thank You to the designers. Keep up the great work, I can't wait to play this (Like most of us here :))

Anyway, to the point. I have a humble suggestion . I looked around and it seems that the developers don't want to release the demo/beta because it's only partly finished. How about this, only release one or two of the factions for now. Meaning that by concentrating on these "starting civs" get them up to your releasable standards. Than you can patch/ release beta with more features and civs as we go.

Advantages:

1.The people will be happy. After waiting for many years I'm sure there are a lot of us are dying to play the the game...whatever state it's in. Patience is a noble character lol

2.It will keep the game fresh. With continuous updates and feature updates, people will always have something to look forward to.

3. Feed backs. Getting various feed backs will allow the developers to quickly fix and tweak the game. Since patches will be smaller and more frequent, players will not have to play a bug-ridden game for a long time.

Disadvantages

1. There are going to be complaints...face it, not everyone will be satisfied. Especially since the game isn't near completion yet.

That's all I think of for now...

btw, a quick question, is this going to be compatible with vista? thanks in advance

buggy

Edited by buggy123

Well, the thing is that it's not really the civilizations that's holding a release back, it's the overall gameplay. We're not too far away from opening up the source (i.e. making the source code available to download) so while we're not releasing a playable game we're making the code available so it's not impossible that someone else might take the game in its current state and create an installer. I really hope that people rather spend time on other things, and it's not very likely that people spend time on doing something like that for an unfinished game, but it might happen.

You speak about feedback, and it's sure something we'll need, but the feedback most users would give at the moment isn't what we need as the energy isn't best spent on small bug fixes etc but rather on getting the game closer to a finished state. We do of course try to fix the bugs we find, but it's not really worth testing to find every small bug before the code is more finished.

Oh...I was under a different impression that the games are somewhat near completion and just working out the kinks.

A select few people (20-30) will get something this year.

and

Exactly. There will be a public beta as progress goes on for community input and a wider range of bug testers. I can't say this year, and I can't say next year, but it shouldn't be too far off. There's a good part of the game done.

^2007^

Since they are releasing a version of the game to few testers, why not release it to the general public? As long as it isn't like Big Rig...I'm sure that most people would enjoy it despite the flaws.

Edited by buggy123